- 0.8mm thick PCB
- Shaped to sit as low as possible on the Raspberry Pi
- 2-pole JST connector ideal for most LiPo/LiIon batteries
- Power and low battery LED indicators
- Supplies up to 1.5A continuous current (15uA quiescent current)
- Low battery warning at 3.4V (asserts GPIO #4 low)
- Automatic shutdown at 3.0V to protect your battery
- VBAT+, GND, and EN pins available to break out
- 2×6 0.1″ female header (optional, for non permanent installation)
- Includes rubber foot to space LiPo SHIM away from your Raspberry Pi
- LiPo SHIM pinout
- Compatible with all 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models
- Requires soldering
- Battery not included
There is a one-line installer that will initiate a clean shutdown when the low battery warning is triggered and GPIO #4 is pulled low. More details are available here in the GitHub repository.
This is not a charger. You will need a separate charger to keep your LiPo/LiIon batteries topped up!
The VBAT+ and GND pins that are broken out can be used as alternative way to inject power, for instance if you wanted to solder on your own JST connector with wires to make it stretch a bit further.
The EN pin can be pulled to ground to cut the power output from LiPo SHIM.