Note! Raspberry Pi HQ Camera requires a lens, see our Raspberry Pi HQ Lenses here.
The High Quality Camera provides an alternative to the Camera Module v2 for industrial and consumer applications, including security cameras, which require the highest levels of visual fidelity and/or integration with specialist optics. It is compatible with all models of Raspberry Pi computer from Raspberry Pi 1 Model B onwards, using the latest software release.
The package comprises a circuit board carrying a Sony IMX477 sensor, an FPC cable for connection to a Raspberry Pi computer, a milled aluminium lens mount with integrated tripod mount and focus adjustment ring, and a C- to CS-mount adapter.
- Sony IMX477R stacked, back-illuminated sensor, 12.3 megapixels, 7.9 mm sensor diagonal, 1.55 μm × 1.55 μm pixel size
- Output: RAW12/10/8, COMP8
- Back focus length of lens: 2.6mm–11.8mm (M12 Mount variant), 12.5mm–22.4mm (CS Mount variant)
- Lens sensor format: 1/2.3” (7.9mm) or larger
- IR cut filter: Integrated
- Ribbon cable length: 200 mm
- Tripod mount: 1/4”-20
All models of Raspberry Pi Zero require a Raspberry Pi Zero camera cable to connect to the Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera; the standard cable supplied with the camera is not compatible with the smaller Raspberry Pi Zero camera connector. Suitable cables are available at low cost from many Raspberry Pi Approved Resellers, and are supplied with the Raspberry Pi Zero Case.
High Quality Camera CS Mount: fitting CS- and C-mount lenses
The High Quality Camera CS Mount variant is designed to accept CS-mount lenses and, with the supplied adapter, C-mount lenses. The CGL 6 mm CS-mount and 16 mm C-mount lenses are examples of third-party products that are compatible with the High Quality Camera; see step-by-step instructions for fitting these CS-mount and C-mount lenses.
- Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera product brief
- Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera CS Mount mechanical drawing
- Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera M12 Mount mechanical drawing
- Example fitting instructions for a typical C-mount lens
- Example fitting instructions for a typical CS-mount lens
- Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera documentation
The Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera has undergone extensive compliance testing and meets a number of regional and international standards.
View and download relevant certificates and conformity documents.