Datasheet of ED-CM4NANO 2022-12-23
ED-CM4NANO is an embedded computer designed for industrial applications based on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4 for short). It makes full use of the structural flexibility of CM4 to solve the heat dissipation problem of CPU, wireless module and PMU. The BT antenna improves the reliability of wireless communication and provides flexible expansion capabilities.
The system can be configured into 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB RAM and 8GB/16GB/32GB eMMC, 2.4/5.8G dual-band WiFi and Bluetooth (optional) according to different applications, and it supports external antenna.
For application scenarios that require large data storage capacity, user can use eMMC to install the operating system and store the application data, at the same time, user can use SD card to store large user data, compare to the built-in eMMC memory, SD card can offer larger capacity and its cost is more effective.
ED-CM4NANO provides alarm buzzer ,battery-powered real-time clock, , supports Gigabit Ethernet port with POE function, which is compatible with the official Raspberry Pi PoE HAT.
The CSI and DSI interfaces of ED-CM4NANO are fully compatible with Raspberry Pi4 Model B. CSI supports Raspberry Pi official 8M and 12M Pixel HQ cameras, and DSI interface supports Raspberry Pi official 7″ touch display. The Standard HDMI interface can output 4K HD video.
ED-CM4NANO provides 2 channels USB3.0 and 1 channelUSB2.0 interfaces, and the USB2.0 interface can be used to update the system image.
ED-CM4NANO provides very strong expansion capabilities, supports a standard Raspberry Pi 40-pin expansion interface, and user can mechanical-easily expand a high speed equipment through on board USB3.0 Type C interface.
The system supports +12V~18VDC power input, the 40PIN socket provides [email protected] and [email protected] output power, and supports high-power expansion modules.
The dimension of ED-CM4NANO PCB is 95*58mm, which is slightly larger than Pi4 Model B. The connectors come out from front and back end, a 103*62mm*5mm heat sink provides excellent cooling performance for CPU, wireless module and PMU, the whole system can work reliably in a high temperature environment.
Based on our real testing in the lab, ED-CM4NANO can work reliably at ambient temperature of -25~60°C.
Four M2.5 screw holes are reserved at the case bottom of the ED-CM4NANO, which is convenient for users to install the ED-CM4NANO on other equipment. ED-CM4NANO also supports DIN rail mounting.
• Broadcom BCM2711 4-core Cortex A72 1.5GHz (ARM v8) 64-bit CPU
• Support H.265 (HEVC) (up to 4Kp60 decoding), H.264 (up to 1080p60 decoding, 1080p30 encoding)
• OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics
• Memory 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM optional
• 8GB/16GB/32GB eMMC optional
Camera and display:
• 1 x CSI interface, support Raspberry Pi official 5M & 8M pixel camera module
• 1 x HDMI port
• 1 x DSI interface, support Raspberry Pi official display
• 1 x Support PoE power supply 10/100M/1000 Ethernet (requires official PoE HAT)
• 2 x USB3.0 (external)
• 1 x USB3.0 (built-in)
• 1 x USB2.0
• 1 x 2.4G/5.8G WiFi compatible with IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac standard
• 1 x Bluetooth 5.0 BLE
• WiFi/BLE external antenna and PCB antenna are optional
• 1 x microSD card holder (used to expand user data storage)
• 1 x Raspberry Pi standard 40-pin connector
• 1 x Raspberry Pi standard 4-pin POE connector
• 1 x RTC with backup battery
• 1 x Red LED power indicator,
• 1 x Green LED status indication
• 1 x system reset button
• 1 x buzzer
• 12~18V DC voltage range input
• 5.5/2.5mm DC Jack or Phoenix terminal connector optional
• 103 mm(L) x 62 mm(W) x 21.5mm(H)
• Raspberry Pi Raspbian OS installed
1. Q: Can I boot the system from the SD card of CM4 NANO?
A: No. CM4 NANO is designed for industrial applications, to ensure the reliability of the system, CM4 NANO must use CM4 with eMMC memory. The system is only able to boot from eMMC, SD card is used for data storage purpose.
2.Q: Any signals of 40PIN on CM4 NANO have been occupied?
A: The following functions of CM4 NANO occupied 40PIN signals:
a. Buzzer: occupies GPIO6,
If you don’t need to use it, you can remove the resistor R39 to disconnect GPIO6 from the buzzer circuit.
b. SD card: occupies GPIO22,23,24,25,26,27.
If you don’t need to use it, don’t insert the SD card.
Der er ikke nogle anmeldelser endnu.